Job Description and Responsibilities:
Colony Pool Service of Delaware, Inc. is currently pursuing the best candidate to join our Service Department located in our Wilmington, Delaware office. This position is for a full-time, seasonal, field service swimming pool technician. This experienced swimming pool technician will be responsible for completing on-site services for our residential and commercial customers, including pool openings, pool closings, pool cleanups, installation of pool equipment, and troubleshooting and repair of a variety of swimming pool components.
This position will be paid hourly and total hours worked may include overtime and weekends during peak season. The pay rate offered will be based on a candidate's strength of resume and degree of applicable prior experience.
Applicant must meet the position requirements, verify experience, and provide work references.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- Previous experience in the pool and spa recreation industry and familiarity with pool equipment and operation, chemistry, and ideally CPO certified with 2+ years experience. (This is a significant plus, but not a prerequisite to apply for the position).
- Secondary to prior pool industry experience, a background in the plumbing, electrical, or HVAC fields is a plus.
- A good driving record and clean background check (required for consideration)
- Ability to work overtime seasonally and flexible with workday end-time
- Ability to complete designated work within day assigned
- Ability to complete required information and properly filling out service tickets
- A positive personality that enjoys interaction with customers and develops strong, helpful relationships with co-workers
- Organizational skills exhibited by attention to detail
- Ability to educate customers in proper pool operation and maintenance
- A work experience record that demonstrates consistency and commitment to previous employers
- An inclination for mechanical work, enjoying working with hand tools and able to methodically troubleshoot basic pool system failures
- Maintains quality results by adhering to company standards
- Maintains safe work habits by following company standards
- Participates in Company sponsored continuing education classes
- Ensure vehicle is properly stocked for all jobs
- Review daily job schedules with Service Manager
- Maintain high level of organization to ensure jobs are completed efficiently
- Ability to test, diagnose and balance water chemistry
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment to determine what is malfunctioning, and identify the cause
- Provide field repair/replacement of all swimming pool equipment products
- Perform swimming pool equipment maintenance relating to heaters, filters, pumps, motors, cleaning systems, swimming pool electrical
- This is a customer service position, and specializes in diagnosing customer equipment repair needs and repairs.
- Varies daily depending on daily work assignments
- Perform a variety of skilled equipment repair procedures relating to swimming pool heaters, filters, pumps, motors, cleaning systems, and swimming pool electrical systems
- Maintain ongoing communication with the office and schedulers to ensure timely repair and maintenance
- Keep an accurate van inventory and daily maintenance of vehicle (check oil and fluid levels)
- Complete standard paperwork processes accurately, and on time
- Maintain an acceptable personal appearance and strong customer focus
- All other duties that are assigned by the Manager
- Customer Service Skills
- Problem Solving and Organizational Skills
- Knowledge of operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting pool equipment
- Technical and mechanical skills
- Competitive compensation, 401K